Welcome to Corney & Barrow Login
Corney & Barrow in Asia
Corney & Barrow offers a comprehensive service to private customers and to the wine trade, throughout South-East Asia. We have two offices set up in Hong Kong and Singapore and have two teams in the UK dedicated to export. This builds on our years of experience dealing with the Asian Market.
Corney & Barrow in Asia – Offering and Support
- Regularly Updated Fine Wine List
- If you are not already receiving our monthly fine wine/broking list (by email) and our main price list, please contact one of the team or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Many of our customers like to receive all communication by email. Please indicate if you would find this preferable.
- Regular En Primeur ‘Releases’
- Corney & Barrow releases wines en primeur (for sale of the wine while still in the barrel) from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Rhône and other areas around the world throughout the year. To receive news of these releases, please let us know at email@example.com.
- Meticulous Attention To The Provenance Of Our Wines
- At Corney & Barrow, we take the whole issue of ‘provenance’ extremely seriously. We do not buy from auction houses, the USA or from Asia due to the difficulties in establishing the history of shipments and storage conditions.
- With our huge number of exclusive relationships with suppliers, you can be sure that the wines being supplied to you, both on the primary and secondary market, are genuine and have not travelled several times around the globe. At any one time, up to 60% of the wine that we offer on our Broking List is sourced from our customers’ reserves, which, in turn, have come straight from the Domaine or Château.
- Our customers’ reserves are stored in perfect conditions 100ft underground at Octavian’s cellars in Corsham. The remainder of our list is sourced from our network of trusted suppliers in France and from our customer’s own cellars
- Unrivalled Wine Storage/Cellaring
- Corney & Barrow is very proud to offer customers the chance to store their wine at Octavian’s cellars in Corsham, Wiltshire, which are widely considered to offer the best conditions for long term storage in the UK, if not the world. The cellars are found 100 feet under ground in a cavernous space, originally used for mining Bath stone. This provides a naturally balanced environment, ideal for the cellarage of fine wine; good levels of humidity, a constant temperature of 13–14 degrees celsius and absolutely no ambient fluctuations. The cellars are devoid of sunlight, which further reduces the risk of wine ageing prematurely. Moreover, since they are encased in solid Bath stone, with floors that are 20 feet thick, vibration from outside is non-existent.
Aside from the storage facility itself, we offer online access to reserves and a cellar management service; should you ever need drinking dates for your wines or current market valuations, you only need ask. We also take wines in that are bought from other merchants for a nominal fee.
- Optimum Service To Trade Customers
- Export to the Trade is an important and growing side of our business. Above all, we offer a trustworthy, friendly and professional service to our friends in the wine trade throughout Asia. Our Trade customers have dedicated account managers, who keep in regular contact with relevant, competitive offers and up-to-date broking lists.
- We understand the importance of sourcing the wines most in demand for the Asian market. The key to the exceptional provenance of our wines is the large pool of wines that are held by our private customers at the Octavian cellars in Corsham; we get first access to these wines should private customers choose to sell and we therefore can offer impeccably stored, rare wines to our Trade customers.
- We also recognize how important it is to back up the sales operation with a dedicated, professional Shipping team. Led by Scott Smith, the Corney & Barrow shipping team work closely with our selected freight forwarders and those responsible for the delivery to your home or storage facility.
- Corney & Barrow Shipments to Hong Kong
- At the end of 2008, Corney & Barrow launched a Hong Kong Shipping Service providing refrigerated shipment of wines from the UK. Shipments take approximately four weeks and run at regular intervals throughout the year.
We use state-of-the-art technology to monitor the conditions in which your wines are shipped. This technology has shown that the conditions from leaving Octavian to arriving with our customers in Hong Kong, were consistently optimal. We plan to continue using this technology and monitoring the results, allowing us to ensure that your wines are delivered in excellent condition.
This service costs £15 per case (x12) for shipments of 6 cases or more and £30 per case (x12) for shipments of 5 cases and under. This price includes full insurance and door to door delivery.
Local Delivery in Hong Kong
Delivery is free for Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and the New Territories for all orders of one case or more. Orders below this amount will be charged at HK$160 per delivery. There will be an additional surcharge for delivery to the Outlying Islands. Please contact us for further details.
Shipping Service to Singapore
In addition, we organise regular shipments to Singapore at competitive rates, which are useful also for customers in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia.
For more information about our regular air freight service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
To register interest or for any enquiries, please contact any of the team or email email@example.com .
- Cellar Club For Expats
Corney & Barrow can now offer their Cellar Club service to Expats over in Asia. This service offers a simple and straightforward way of building a magnificent cellar that is perfectly suited to your palate. Whether you would like an immediate supply of wine that is ready for drinking or you would like to look at a longer-term buying strategy, we can assist in creating the ideal mix.From as little as £100 a month, you will have access to some of the rarest wines in the world,which you can choose to store in our dedicated storage facilities at Corsham,with no administration fees, or ship out to Asia on our regular shipping services to both Hong Kong and Singapore.
It is incredibly easy to join the club. We ask you to set up a standing order that fits in with your own financial circumstances. You can either choose from wine we recommend to you or pick wines from our fine wine list. We will allow you to pick wines with a value of up to three times the amount of your monthly subscription and you are, of course, able to make additional contributions or purchases if you wish.
Benefits of the Cellar Club:
- Access to some of the world’s finest wines
- Spread the cost of building your cellar
- No need for storage space or cellar at home
- Wines purchased to match your specific requirements
- Competitive storage rates benefits of the Cellar Club
- No admin fees
- Online access to reserves
- Competitive rates for selling your wines wines back through us
For more information, contact Ben Pym on +44 20 7265 2429.
To register interest or for any enquiries, please contact:
- The Export Team : firstname.lastname@example.org
Cecily (Hong Kong) Phone: +852 3152 3265, Mobile: +852 6160 0980
Kate (Singapore)Phone: +65 6809 3900
Hugo (Hong Kong) Phone: +852 3152 3269, Mobile: +852 6160 4019
Erica (Hong Kong) Phone: +852 3152 3250, Mobile: +852 6160 0746
James Chow (Hong Kong) Phone: +852 3152 3661, Mobile: +852 6160 0350
Jo (Hong Kong) Phone: +852 3152 3267, Mobile: +852 6160 4017
Winsie (Hong Kong) Phone: +852 3152 3266, Mobile: +852 6160 4018
Luke (Hong Kong) Phone: +852 3152 3251, Mobile: +852 6160 1786
James Mead (Hong Kong) Phone: +852 3152 3253, Mobile: +852 6160 1407
- Or the Shipping Team : email@example.com