Goose Sausage Rolls
Our quick and easy sausage rolls are the perfect starter to satisfy your Christmas craving with our Inocente Carmenere Vina Laurent 2018.
For the goose sausage rolls (4 servings)
- 250g sausage meat
- 200g leftover goose shredded/goose (or duck) rillettes/duck confit
- 450g rough puff pastry
- 2 tbs chopped sage, thyme or parsley (or a mixture)
- 1 egg beaten
1) Preheat the oven to 200c. Mix the sausage meat and the shredded meat. Roll into a thick sausage about 4cm in diameter.
2) Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle about 5mm thick and longer than the sausage meat. Place the meat on the pastry slightly to one side and fold over from the wide side – press the edges and ends with a fork.
3) Then cut slices – about 4cm wide, brush with beaten egg and cook for 25-30mins.