Crab Salad, Tomatoes & Soft Herbs
Kick off your festive season feast with a crowd-pleasing starter & our Pazo la Maza Albarino Adegas Galegas 2021.
For the crab salad (2 servings)
- 1 large cooked crab – about 1kg (or 300-400g picked crab meat – all white or a mixture)
- 300g mixed red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- Handful each of basil, tarragon, chives and chervil
- Olive oil
- 80g mayonnaise
- 2tbs creme fraiche
1) Thinly slice the tomatoes and dress with salt, olive oil, lemon juice and chopped basil. Chop the chives and mix with the creme fraiche and the white crab meat.
2) Mix the brown crab meat with the mayonnaise, the tarragon and chervil (you could also add some chilli).
2) Use a pudding bowl to serve – put a layer of the tomatoes on the base with their juices, then a spoonful of the brown crab meat mixture and then pile on a spoonful of the white crab meat on top. Dress with a little more olive oil and any leftover herbs.