This is a great dish for any fish lover – perfect with trout, sea trout or salmon. This recipe pairs very well with Champagne, English Sparkling as well any Chardonnay (oaked/un-oaked).
400g Chalk Stream Trout fillet (or Salmon or Sea Trout), skin on
50g Maldon Sea Salt
50g Soft Brown Sugar
400g Jersey Royal potatoes
75ml Crème fraîche
8 Leaves Sorrel
1. Two hours ahead of serving time, sprinkle the salt and sugar on the flesh side
of the fish. Leave it at room temperature to cure a little.
2. Scrub the potatoes and boil in salted until just tender.
3. 30 mins before serving, place the fish on a cool part of the barbecue (ie not
over the coals) and cover. The intention is to gently warm the fish to about
50c and flavour it with the smoke.
4. To serve, slice the potatoes, dress with the creme fraiche, a squeeze of
lemon, salt, pepper and the sorrel leaves -cut into fine ribbons.
5. Cut the fish into four pieces and place each piece on top of a little pile of the