The crisp acidity and freshness of Picpoul de Pinet Les Vignes Sur Mer Maison Azan 2021 with the white fish and potato cakes pairs perfectly. Incredibly moreish, you’ll need plenty of these fishcakes… and wine.
Salt cod – soaked for 36 hours in a few changes of water.
4 cloves garlic
2 tblspns chopped parsley
1 tblspn plain flour
Salt & Pepper
1. Poach fish and garlic in milk with a splash of olive oil for 20 mins
2. Boil the potatoes and make a dry mash,
3. Flake in fish, mashed garlic, parsley and lemon zest and mix in eggs
4. Stir in flour – you are looking for a moist consistency – like a wet mash.
5. Check seasoning
Cooking – these can be prepared in advance and reheated in the oven. For best
results we prefer deep-frying.
1. Heat deep-fryer or pan of oil to 170c
2. Drop in dessert spoonfuls of the mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes until
3. Dry on kitchen paper – served with a wedge of lemon, or some aioli.